There’s something so intriguing about designs that balance on the edge of being comical and cool. We all know that things that are too cool for school eventually become uncool. But when it comes to fashion, sometimes the line between “too cool” and “comical” is a little harder to define.
In this roundup of 19 designs that balance on the edge of comical and cool, we take a look at some seriously stylish pieces that might just be a little too out there for some people. Whether it’s an unexpected color combo or an unusual placement of elements, these designs are sure to catch your eye! So without further ado, let’s get started!
1. “An escalator got turned into a slide at my local mall.”
2. “A trash can in Berlin, in front of the German Museum of Technology”
3. “The lid’s just happy you lifted it so it can finally look at something else.”
4. “This bathroom down at my local pub”
5. “The way my grocery store packs their meat leading up to Valentine’s Day”
6. “Street lights by Stavanger’s Fish Market”
7. “French butter I bought today”
8. “A wrought iron see-through Volkswagen Bug”
9. “This elbow-dropping rear windshield wiper”
10. “I got my boyfriend a sweater of himself.”
11. “The Eiffel Tower in Paris, TX”
12. “This is an airport restroom for your dog in California.”
13. “This dentist’s car”
14. “My shirt looks really 3D.”
15. “This anatomical gingerbread man at our pediatrician’s office”
16. “This German town has the cutest traffic light.”
17. “So my wife and I were shopping for a children’s car seat. We were not disappointed.”
18. “This Mothers Day card — it almost works until you read it out loud.”
19. “A child-sized shopping cart at a major grocery store: ’customer in training’”
While some of these designs toe the line between comical and cool, all of them are unique and eye-catching. We hope you enjoyed this roundup of designs that balance the edge of comical and cool. Which one made you smile?