Designers can be so clever sometimes. Injecting humor into their work, playing with typography, and coming up with new ideas that make us think ‘why didn’t I think of that?’ But then there are the designers who just go too far. The ones who create designs so vile, so disgustingly grotesque, that all you can do is recoil in horror. If you ever find yourself wondering what the very edges of bad taste look like, then take a look at these 50 ultra Awful designs. You won’t regret it.
The “ Sorry for Design” Instagram account is one that you can't help but follow. It features pieces of art so bizarre and wacky, that they will have your jaw hitting the floor with each new post! From strange bedroom sets to incredible streetwear designs--this page has it all.
The human brain is a weird and wacky organ, as proven by these crazy designs for bathrooms. Take the tarantula chair or Jeff Goldblum-inspired bathroom: they go beyond insanity! Below we selected some of our favorites so enjoy them below.
1. It looks like it was built with good intentions
2. This little pig's expression sums up this sofa. That's a whole lot of sofa for one seat
4. How much weight that can hold?
5. One step closer to the mother nature
6. A wild trail to the microwave
7. The history behind the iron bull though...
8. Sometimes life is a piece of cake
Moreover, the examples shared on Sorry For Design, Tolstykh argues, are really more about art and flamboyance than functional furniture. “They’re about the search for new forms, about the scandal, about the rejection of common notions, about the expansion of the boundaries of the permitted and the familiar,” she explained and added that “This is art.”
11. Under the Sea
12. When you love hotdog too much
14. In dreams of vacay
"In fact, it's quite rare to discover a place that is true to just one school. When you say a home was designed according to a certain style, you usually mean that some elements have an advantage in that place over the others or there is some sort of leitmotif throughout the entire space," the interior architect told.
On the other hand, there exist main aspects of good interior design that defy time and trends. According to Striukienė, living spaces have to be functional. Everything else is more or less decor, creating a certain mood," she said.
17. Chicken table?
21. Please sit down on the violin 🎶
22. That's cool though
23. I didn't know people love snakes that much!!
26. For the crab king
27. Want that bed too
28. That's for real?
29. Allen Jones table 1972
30. Under-the-sea bedroom
32. Over brutality.
34. For the real chocolate lovers 💖
35. More hairy chairs for you
36. Fun, and it looks comfortable.
37. Come to Papa
38. Even the sheep know this is in poor taste.
39. This looks like something from the Sky Mall catalog!
40. Hmm, I kind of like it.
41. Is that portable?
42. Holy guacamole!
43. This w the apple, hotdog, egg, avocado, ice cream, and burger
44. Ah yes, this must have been made when humans had two knees per leg
45. Looks like this would be uncomfortable. Bring cushions. Better yet, throw the cushions on the floor and sit there.
46. This screams adult toy
47. Kitschy for a dentist’s office, but the seats don’t look comfortable. Going to the dentist is uncomfortable enough, without the added torture of sitting on a large and uncomfortable molar.
48. The wheels are a nice touch. They allow you and your partner to play some kind of agrarian bumper-car game in the house.
50. 🦥 have a relaxed Friday everyone!
We hope you enjoyed this list of 50 ultra awful designs. Some were funny, some were cringe-worthy, but all of them showcased a designer’s ability to push boundaries and evoke an emotional response. Which one was your favorite? Let us know in the comments below.