It seems that no matter how many times our precious pets misbehave or destroy something, it's hard to stay mad at them. They can really put a bite on your mood when you're trying just get some peace and quiet in return for all of those wonderful moments they bring into your lives!
Cats of Yore is a Twitter account that documents the adventures and mischievous nature cats have always had. One such instance was when this woman's cat ruined her furniture, vases, etc., but it turned out to be hilarious because she found these pictures from 1868 showing how kittens can't help themselves sometimes!
If you're a cat lover, you're going to love this blog post. If you're not a cat lover, prepare to be converted! Because cats are just the best and they make everything better – even history.
01. “Max Ate My Sewing Machine” 2017
02. Rocky’s attack corner. He always tries to get me when I spend too long in the kitchen
03. Nova the plant sitter, 2022
04. Rosie redecorating
05. Still Life with Green Soup Fernando Botero, 1972
06. RIP my Michael Kors purse
07. My cat has gone crack!!
08. Why would you do that?
09. At least Jethro enforces work breaks
10. That's my ps3 moron
11. Trying to scratch my tires!!
12. RIP my garland at Christmas
13. Two Young Women Wrapped in Yukata After a Bath. Kitagawa Utamaro, ca. 1796
14. Mischief, 1858
15. Witness my Act and Deed, 1883
16. "The daughter of Dainagon Yukinari at a desk, a cat has knocked over her equipment to spring at her painting of a butterfly." Utagawa Kuniyoshi, ca. 1842
17. The Angora Cat. Jean Honoré Fragonard and Marguerite Gérard, ca. 1783
18. The Cat at Play. Henriëtte Ronner-Knip, ca. 1860–1878
19. Two Young Cats Playing With A Basket of Crawfish, Julius Adams II (1852-1913)
20. Another vicious fabric attack. Woman and two cats. Utagawa Kuniyoshi, 1854
21. The Broken Vase. Ludwig Strimpl, 1913
22. Old woman knitting a sweater. 1938
23. Cat bravely protects a courtesan from her mail. Ca. 1757 - 1783
24. My cat Francie, is always extremely pleased with herself after flipping the water dish over while playing
25. Look at this absolute gremlin. Pieter Claesz, 1656
So, next time you’re tempted to call your cat out for ruining your life, just remember that they may have been doing it long before you even came into the picture. And in case you need a little more convincing, we’ve gathered some of the funniest and most infamous examples of cats taking over things – from history to the modern age. Which one made you laugh? Let us know in the comments.