Taking responsibility for your mistakes is essential when you’re a foreman or in any leadership position. Unfortunately, that didn’t seem to be the case for one construction foreman who instead blamed his coworker for a mistake he had made. He regretted it instantly and learned a valuable lesson. Let this be a lesson to you, too – always take accountability for your actions!
A Reddit user u/124as was blamed by one of his crew foremen. He appeared one day at his workplace, screaming and shouting at him. He blamed him for something that was entirely his fault. It was most likely a technological error, but the OP was blamed. OP resolved the issue and took responsibility for it. OP immediately went to his crew foreman and apologized for a mistake he did not make. However, when OP noticed a mistake in his crew foreman’s sheet the next time, he did not fix it on purpose to take petty revenge on him. This cost Andy big time when he drove long distances with the wrong parts and put everything behind schedule. Read on for more!
1. OP works as a warehouse manager for a company specializing in flood and fire damage.
2. By far the worst crew foreman Angry Andy.
3. Last Wednesday, an enraged Andy stormed into the warehouse and cursed OP in front of the owner.
4. Although it was not his fault, OP repaired the truck and apologized to Angry Andy and the owner.
5. OP saw an error in Angry Andy’s sheet but did not fix it on purpose and filled the order just like it was written.
6. Here comes the vengeance. Andy was furious since he had to drive for an extra 18 hours because of his error.
7. Angry Andy’s employees were furious at him since they had to work extra hours because of his error.
8. OP allowed Angry Andy to make a more significant mistake, causing his employees to hate him.
Some people lack the basic manners required to deal with any situation. It demonstrates your incompetence. Angry Andy could have completed the task without yelling and causing a scene, but he decided to blame OP. So, the OP has made him work extra hours, his compensation has been reduced, and everyone thinks he’s a moron. He is, after all. Hopefully, Angry Andy has learned his lesson. Scroll down to find out what people say about this petty retaliation.
Everyone feels the OP did a fantastic job and that Angry Andy deserved it; however, one person thinks the OP is AH for causing the collateral damage. What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments.