Mikiko, the artist of the comics we are about to see, is based in London, United Kingdom. Her roots, however, are German-Japanese. She enjoys drawing her partner and cat to depict her daily life. Although it may not appear particularly fascinating initially, this artist highlights how the small things in life should be valued. Moments like these, which we often take for granted, should be treasured.
Mikiko’s comics are incredibly colorful and diverse due to her upbringing. “I was born in Tokyo and grew up in Hong Kong, Germany, Japan, and Belgium,” she explained, “so manga (Japanese comics) were a means for me to connect to home.” “I’ve always drawn, but when I was 12 years old, I read my first Shonen Jump magazine (action adventure!) and realized it was what I wanted to do for a living.”
Everything in the world inspires her because of her bubbly and upbeat personality.
“Mainly people, music and life in general. Other artists too, of course! People are so creative and funny, it’s inspiring.”
Without further ado, let’s dive into her amazing comics.
1. Tall friends are a blessing.
2. My cat is bread.
3. The best selfie sticks.
4. Keeping my kitty warm.
5. Motherly love.
6. My safe place.
7. Sabotaging my games.
8. Keep petting me.
9. When you have a baby face.
10. How to make all your worries go away.
11. Getting accidentally flashed.
12. Grandma is proud of you no matter what.
13. Must slap face.
14. The pet choosing process.
Aren’t these comics cute? Even though they aren’t focused on a single topic, they vividly depict what it’s like to be loved by your boyfriend and cat. This is so awesome. We should cherish the people we care about while we still have the opportunity. Many of these comics are pretty relatable if you own a cat. Keep scrolling for the rest:
15. Outdoors vs Indoors cats.
16. I always forget to take my headphones off.
17. Check the cat stash.
18. Always forgetting the towel.
19. Staring into the void.
20. Getting comfortable at home.
21. Cat expressions.
22. How scarves work.
23. How cats wake you up for breakfast.
24. Germans are pros at drinking.
25. Work vs selfies.
26. Everything will be okay. You are loved.
27. What it is like to be a comic artist.
28. Happy birthday. I tried.
29. Love for guitars is endless.
30. That itself is a lie.
31. One day, I’ll get this right.
32. Love hurts.
33. I know not all Asians look alike but…
34. Battling the weather for your package.
35. Expectation vs. reality.
Weren’t these sweet and innocent? They made me laugh and smile. So, how about you? Did you find these comics to be entertaining? Please let us know your thought in the comments section below!