No matter where you are in the world, it’s easy to find yourself captivated by nature. Something about the scale and power of a mountain range or waterfall can take your breath away. But what happens when humans step back and allow nature to take its course?
These 18 landscapes were left alone, and they turned into awe-inspiring masterpieces. Scroll down and take a look for yourself.
1. Overgrown palace, Poland
In 1910, this grand palace was built as a home for Polish Royalty. The rest of the century proved uncertain for the country. Under communist rule, the palace became an agricultural school and a home for mentally handicapped adults and children. The former palace was deserted following the fall of the USSR.
2. Pripyat, Ukraine… 50,000 people used to live here… now it’s a ghost town
3. Garnet, Montana in the US
Garnet Ghost Town in Montana came to life in 1895 and, at its peak, was home to 1,000 people. The little town boasted hotels, stores and saloons, a school, laundry facility, and drugstore – even a weekly newspaper. While the gold lasted, the town boomed. But by 1912, most of the large gold strikes were depleted, and a fire destroyed much of the business district. The small town experienced a small second boom during the Great Depression, which quickly ended during World War II.
4. This car in Taiwan, China, is claimed by grass
5. Nature's Reclamation
6. Ardtully House
Artful House is located just outside Kilgarvan in Kenmare, County Kerry. Built in 1847 by Sir Richard Orpen in the style of a Scottish-baronial house on the site of a previous castle, which was destroyed during the Cromwellian wars in the 17th Century. The house met an unfortunate end in 1921 during the War of Independence when the IRA burned it down.
7. Abandoned Hotel del Salto – San Antonio del Tequendama, Colombia
8. A stained glass window in Belgium somehow became more beautiful after humans left
9. A fairy door in Calcata, Italy
10. You can see a reflection in the water of this abandoned institution
11. The old railway tunnel in Helensburgh. Inside, you can find a small colony of glowworms
12. What used to be a mill located in the center of the Italian town of Sorrento is now covered in old trees
13. An abandoned bar… Someone for a drink?!
14. A mall turned itself into a beautiful aquarium. It looks better this way, don’t you think?
15. German Fishing Hut
17. Sleeping Goddess at the Lost Gardens of Heligan, England
18. Abandoned road now part of the river
Nature is amazing. It can take the simplest things and turn them into something beautiful. These 18 landscapes were left alone, and they turned into awe-inspiring masterpieces. We hope you enjoy looking at them as much as we enjoyed finding them.
Which of these photos did you like the most? Tell us in the comments section. Please share this post with your friends to show them some of the most incredible sights nature offers.