We've all seen those nature photos that are oddly reflective, causing a displacement of the objects in the image. But what's going on there? Some people thought they saw things, while others couldn't wrap their heads around what was happening in the photo. It turns out it's just an optical illusion!
It's no secret that photography can be used to capture and evoke powerful emotions. Still, a recent study has found that something seemingly innocuous as reflections can profoundly impact how we process photos. According to the study, when people are shown reflection photos, their brains process the images in a significantly different way from regular non-reflection photos. The study's results were so surprising that they messed with some people's heads.
Check out the article to learn more about this fascinating discovery.
1. Sun's Reflection On My Drinking Glass Creates Bart Simpson's Skull.
2. Blurred Cat.
3. Reflection On An Iron.
4. The Reflection Of My Make-Up Bag Looks Like A Nebula.
5. Blue Sky Reflecting On Neighboring Building With Storm Behind It.
6. The Reflection Of The Beer Made The Fire On My Christmas Card Look Alive.
7. Every Time I Think That This Building Is Burning, But It Is A Reflection Of The Sunset.
8. The Reflection Of These Sticks Make Interesting Shapes.
9. The Reflections Of Ceiling Lights Appear To Be Alien Ships Descending On Shreveport.
10. Reflection Of The Sun Hitting My Guitars' Tuners This Morning.
11. The Reflection In The Mirror On This Hotel Check-In Desk.
12. Reflection Of Tunnel In Mirrored Sunglasses.
13. Mirage Of Coffee Shop Window Makes It Look Like This Car Sells Pies Out Of The Boot.
14. My girlfriend Took This Awesome Photo Today While We Went Hot Air Ballooning For My Bday. Reflection Of Our Balloon Of A Creek We Flew Over.
15. Tom's Reflection Reflecting His Inner Wolf.
16. This Puddle Reflecting The Sun Looks Like A Portal To Space.
17. I Took A Picture Of A Monkey, And The Glare Made It Look Like It Was Taking A Wicked Selfie.
18. The Reflection Of The Reeds In The Canal Spell Ok.
19. Reflection Of Bathroom Mirror Makes It Look Like We Have An Outdoor Cinema Going On.
20. The Gap In My Bedroom Window Became A Pinhole Camera.
21. The Reflection Of The Light On My Coffee Looks Like A Glowing Castle.
22. The Reflection Of My TV Makes It Look Like Girl With The Pearl Earring Is In My Backyard.
23. The Mirror Reflection In My Car After A Wash.
24. Making Cookies And The Reflection Looks Like A Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie.
25. The Sun Reflecting Off The One World Trade Center This Morning.
26. The Sun's Reflection Off My Watch Looks Like Saturn.
27. The Reflection From My TV Looks Like The Moon Is Hovering Over My Swimming Pool.
28. This Window Filters Out The Exact Wavelength Of Light That My Gloves Reflect.
29. Weird Reflection Makes Man Look Like A Ghost.
30. How My Face Is Not Reflected In This Mirror But Is In The Mirror's Reflection Of Itself.
31. Reflection On Window Looks Like Massive Spaceship Landing.
32. This Mural Was Purposely Painted Upside Down To Reflect Off Of The Water.
33. Long Exposure Photograph I Captured Of Yesterday's Spacex Launch And Its Reflection Along The Shoreline Of The Atlantic Ocean.
34. Reflection Of Trees In A Drop Of Water.
35. The Reflections On These Pots Lined Up Just Right.
36. Every Morning, The Sun Hits My Mom's Urn And Reflects On The Wall In This Pretty Design.
37. This Reflection Of A Lamp On My Sunglasses.
38. This Reflection On My Water Bottle Looks Like The Northern Lights.
39. Capybara Looks Like It's Wearing Clothes Due To Reflection.
40. This Spectrum Reflected Off The Dining Room Window Through A Chair Back.
41. My Blinds Reflection Looks Like Lunar Phases On My Wall.
42. The Reflection From My Window Decal Makes My Toilet Look Like A Quest Item In A Video Game.
43. Sunset Reflection Looks Like A Demonic Uprising.
It's hard to know what is real these days. It seems that, with all the new technology and gadgets available, we are more confused about what is "real." This may be because our brains have trouble processing so much information at once without help from other senses like touch or smell. But do you think any of them were better? Which one did you find most confusing?