In the art world, a few names are always uttered with respect. Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and Pablo Picasso are some of the most renowned artists in history. But what would happen if their works were mixed with modern pop culture? This one artist has the answer.
Introducing Nizar Aknni, a visual designer from Tetouan, Morocco. He takes famous artwork and recreates it in a completely new way, adding characters and scenes from modern pop culture. His work is always eye-catching and fun, making us look at art in a new light.
Check out some of her work below!
1. Hey Adam! I'm lovin' it
2. Disaster girl with a pearl earring
3. The Great Wave off Kanagawa Nowdays
4. Kiss me hard before you go
5. The last fight
6. ABSOLUT VENUS
8. Summer be like
9. Starry night over Casablanca
10. The Starry sky of Tetouan 🕊✨
11. Me before you
13. This is the last time, forgive me.. Lord.
14. Covid test
16. The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp 1632
18. McDonald I'm lovin' it ❤
19. He said he was feeling very warm with the "girl with a pearl earring" Clothes.
20. Monalisa The Lute Player ❤
21. Some students are on result day.
22. Stay safe...
23. Marge Lisa
24. Nusr_et#Saltbae at cavaggio
28. Roger Federer
30. Qatar 2022
31. The virgin with a Starbucks coffee cup
33. Asgass Ambarki 2971
34. Life in the city
35. Vincent ignudi van Gogh
So what do you think? Are these art mashups genius or blasphemous? Which is your favorite, let us know in the comments below, and be sure to share with your friends who appreciate art (or just good humor).