Packaging is designed to protect and preserve the product it contains, but sometimes it goes too far. It’s hard to find something recyclable in today’s world, but what about when everything you see–from the product to the packaging it comes in–is designed to be disposable? I’m not going to lie, when I came across these photos of unnecessarily packaged products, I laughed. But then I got angry. Why do companies think that this is okay? Seriously, who came up with some of this stuff? And more importantly, why? It’s wasteful, and it’s unnecessary.
Scroll down to see the very worst offenders and let us know in the comments what the very worst example was that you’ve seen with your own two eyes Trust us, you’re going to need it.
1. Really… Amazon…?
2. Individually Packaged Slice Of Bread
3. Disposable Phone Chargers
4. Must-Have Been Out Of Envelopes
5. So I Only Get This Much Actual Cream?
6. Big Box For A Small Bottle With Only Enough Pills To Fill The Cap. Lame
7. Just… Why?
8. There Was Nothing In This Box But A Card And Packing Material
9. If Only Shallots Had Natural Layers Of Protection From Their Environment. Thanks, Walmart And Suppliers
10. When You Run Out Of Small Boxes At The Package Station, But If You Go Get More You’re Pack Rate Percentage Will Go Into The Yellow
11. Peeled Avocados Wrapped In Plastic
12. I Find This Disgusting, Lazy, And So Damn Harmful To Both The Environment And The Consumer’s Psyche…
13. Ordered 150 Washers. This Is How They Were Packaged
14. Buddy Bought Two Mini Cast Irons From Amazon
15. Not Only Is It Egregious, But It’s Infuriating
16. I Bought A Nail File
17. For Crying Out Loud…
18. Hopefully, 2020 Brings Less Of This
19. Because Mascara Is Fragile. Thanks, Sephora!
20. This 0.7 Ml Dogs’ Anti-Flea And Anti-Tick Drops Straight Out Of The Box
21. Ordered A Tube Of Thermal Paste
22. Tiny Little Amount Of Eyeliner In A Huge Plastic Container
23. Hi Y’all, I'm A Designer At Tic-Tac. Hope You Enjoy Our Newest Optimized Design For Tic-Tacs!
24. How They Sell Bananas In Japan. Bonus: If You Don’t Explicitly Decline, The Cashier Will Give You Another Bag For The Banana
25. Technically Correct!
26. Individually-Wrapped Bread Slices
27. This Tea That I Got For Christmas
28. My Friend Ordered Earrings From Fabfitfun. Just Earrings
29. Sephora At It Again For A .05oz Concealer
30. Ordered Biodegradable Bamboo Toothbrushes From A Zero Waste Store – Came In 100% Non-Degradable Bubble Wrap And Plastic Bags
31. Not Sure If This Counts, But This Is For Only Three Things At CVS
32. Soda Cans Are Very Fragile
33. Drinking Straws – This Is The Kind Of Plastic Use We Should Be Protesting
34. Matryoshka Allergy Relief
35. Plastic Packaging For A CD Disk... but Without A CD Disk In It
Our list of 35 unnecessarily fancy packagings may have made you laugh, but there’s a serious side to this. Our world is changing every day. Getting polluted in every possible way with plastics and other non-biodegradable elements. It should be our main concern to save the world by raising our voices against plastic pollution.
Please share your thoughts with us in the comment section, and thank you for being with us.