Have you ever gone on vacation to some amazing place and fallen in love with it, only to come back home and realize that hardly anyone has even heard of it? Probably not, because if you’re like most people, you probably just post about your amazing trip on social media.
Well, we’ve got good news for you – we’ve compiled a list of 50 incredible places shared by ‘Abandoned Beauties’ Facebook page. So the next time you’re looking for an off-the-beaten-path destination to travel to, be sure to check out one of these hidden gems!
1. Abandoned Mansion, Belgium
2. Abandoned Chapel In France
3. The Ruins Of Bannerman’s Castle, An Abandoned Military Surplus Warehouse, Still Stand In The Middle Of The Hudson River
4. Fairy Tale House
5. I Don’t Understand Why People Abandoned Beautiful Properties Like This
6. A Library Inside An Abandoned 19th Century Victorian Mansion. Who Wants To Explore?
8. Ballysaggartmore Towers Are Two Ornate Entrance Lodges (One Also Acts As A Bridge)
9. The Magnificence Of An Abandoned Place
10. A Roman Bathhouse Still In Use After 2,000 Years In Khenchela, Algeria
11. An Old Castle That’s Been Left Behind In England
12. Abandoned Beach House Slowly Being Reclaimed By The Sea, North Carolina
13. Shengsi Islands
14. Abandoned Hotel Del Salto, Colombia. Explore Or Ignore?
15. Beautiful Abandoned Miners’ Cottages In A Disused Slate Quarry In Snowdonia, North Wales
16. Strasbourg, France
17. Abandoned Hotel In Northern Italy (San Pellegrino)
18. Hidden In The Forest
19. Abandoned Spa Town In The Czech Republic
20. Abandoned Villa In Italy
21. Ghost Cloud Temple
22. Aniva Lighthouse In Sakhalin, North Of Japan
23. French Castle
24. A Sanatorium, In Poland. Explore Or Ignore?
26. Skola Tower, Italia
27. Abandoned Beauty
28. Abandoned Train In Siberia
29. Awesome Staircase In Europe
30. Abandoned Guitar Factory
31. Who’s Interested In Escaping Civilization And Buying Their Own Private Island In Wales? This Fixer Upper Sea Fort With Epic Views Is Now For Sale, It Was Last Upgraded In 1859!
32. An Overgrown Pool At An Abandoned Mansion. Location Unknown
33. Atmosphere In Russia
34. Abandoned Library
35. Volkswagen Graveyard
37. Abandoned Hotel – 2019
38. Smirnykh, Sakhalinskaya Oblast, Russia
39. If Walls Could Talk…
40. Soviet Era Tupolev 104 Jet
41. Mcdermott’s Castle, Abandoned Fairytale Irish Castle In The Middle Of A Lake, County Roscommon, Ireland
42. Abandoned House In The Swamp
43. A Very Little Key Will Open A Very Heavy Door. Charles Dickens
44. Abandoned Castle In Italy
45. Abandoned Casino In Romania
46. The Garden Of Ninfa Is A Landscape Garden In The Territory Of Cisterna Di Latina, In The Province Of Latina, Central Italy
47. The Stairway Of An Abandoned Button Factory
48. A Perfect Place For Peaceful Thoughts And Meditation
49. Abandoned 19th Century Greenhouse, France
50. Abandoned Glasshouse
As you can see, many places worldwide have been forgotten and left to ruin. While some of these places are simply irritating because they’re eyesores, others are in danger of being lost forever. It’s important to remember these places and appreciate their historical value before it’s too late.
Have you been to any of these amazing but forgotten spots? Which one was your favorite? Let us know in the comments below.